New Nipper Device Support
The latest release of Nipper 2.8.0 contains a new plugin providing support for Check Point R80 devices which covers:
• Remote auditing of Check Point R80 devices
• The same scope of device information covered in the older Check Point Legacy audit which includes:
o Basic device information
o Network filtering
o IDS & IPS settings
o Address translation settings
o Network addresses
• Functionality to select version R80 or Legacy by the user for a Check Point Nipper audit
• Support for Check Point R80 clusters and devices with multiple gateways
• Support for adding a Check Point R80 configuration as a manual file
Help Guides• Our Nipper 2.8.0 update includes a new help guide on how to retrieve a manual configuration for a Check Point R80 device. The guide outlines how the configuration file must be generated from the responses to a series of API requests against the device. It also directs the user to tools that have been made available for generating the configuration file automatically, and to a detailed user guide for generating the configuration file manually.
Other Improvements• Fixed a false positive in the Security Report for Fortinet devices: Source, Destination, and Port rules found to be set to Any
• Fixed a false positive in the Security Report for Fortinet devices: "Weak SSL / early TLS ciphers supported"
• Fixed users being unable to exclude the "Weak SSL / early TLS ciphers supported" rule from the Security Report