Junior Software Engineer
High-Growth Cyber Security Software Company
£30,000 to £40,000 (dependent on experience)
Worcester – WR1 / Remote
Full time – 37.5 hours (flexible working available)
Are you a passionate and ambitious Junior Software Engineer looking for your next opportunity?
Titania offers a fast-paced environment where collaboration and quality are key to our success. The right person for this position will adopt a team-based approach, be pro-active and collaborate with others while sharing best practice and their expertise with the wider team. Titania is at a pivotal moment in its history after securing investment and is now laser-focused on achieving its ambitious growth plans. This role will be critical in establishing the launch of Titania’s Enterprise class solution. With an exciting and impactful company vision, we are looking to enhance and expand our Software Engineering team with a high performing Junior Software Engineer who will be responsible for contributing towards the ongoing development of our products and services.
Who are we?
Titania Nipper continues to be trusted to secure core network configuration management for military, civilian and commercial Critical National Infrastructure (CNI) clients. By identifying and prioritising 22 critical core network risks (from a suite of 300 automated configuration management tests), Titania’s security risk management framework helps CNI clients secure their networks and evidence assurance against trusted and mandated control and risk management frameworks, such as NIST 800-53 for US federal agencies and CMMC/800-171 for the federal supply chain and PCI DSS for commercial verticals including e-Commerce/Retail, Financial Services, Telecoms and Utilities.
To meet the market need for continuous monitoring at scale, Titania has developed Nipper Enterprise, which offers the same accurate, risk and remediation-focused configuration assessment for every device, every day. The Role: This role is instrumental to the ongoing development of Titania’s cutting-edge cyber security products. You will use agile practices to deliver On-Spec On-Time Software solutions; planning, reviewing, and aiding in product development through stand-ups, iteration planning, code reviews and process improvement. As a junior member of the team, you will be working closely with a mentor and role model, assisting them with the development of software solutions, within the FSDLC.
This said you are expected to be self-motivated to a high level and to be able to adapt and work alone if required. At present this is a small team with plans to grow; you will be working on exciting projects using modern and wide-ranging technologies, which to learn and utilise throughout your work. Titania values autonomy and personal growth and therefore the opportunity will allow the right candidate to expand their knowledge and experience within Cyber security and software best practices also the scope to learn various languages and technology stacks.
Role Key Responsibilities:
• Technical knowledge in Titania’s core development tools and technologies.
• Product knowledge. • Product, module, and functional design.
• Executing full software development lifecycle.
• Ensuring acceptable code quality.
• Production of well-structured, testable, efficient code.
• Production of specifications and determining feasibility.
• Integration of software components into a fully functional software system.
• Document and maintain software functionality.
• Comply with project plans and industry standards.
• Comply with Titania’s Coding Standards.
The right person for the job MUST have:
• Experience with C++, QT Framework, MS Dev tool suites/QT Creator
• Experience with front end development using QT libraries
• Experience with C++ build tools on both window and Linux platforms.
• Experience communication and team working skills
• Experience in Software Engineer Practices
• Proficient understanding of version control using Git
• Aptitude for learning new skills
• Can work effectively in a team and as an individual
• Shell & Python scripting
• Understanding of cloud technologies from providers like AWS/Azure
• Experience with containers and Docker
• Experience with creating and maintaining Continuous Integration pipelines (GoCD a plus)
• Familiarity with Docker
• Knowledge of operating systems: Windows, Linux
• An interest or experience in cyber security and IT security best practices
• Knowledge of Enterprise network devices (routers, switches, and firewalls)
• Experience with test automation
• Good experience or understanding of agile and scrum methodologies. (Jira/Bitbucket a plus)
Education and Professional Qualifications:
• Degree-qualified, preferably in computer science or related subject •
• 3-4 years Previous Solid Software Engineering experience.
Values and Behaviours Required:
• Be open, honest and act with integrity
• Build positive working relationships with stakeholders, colleagues, and clients
• Collaborate, contribute solutions, and learn from mistakes
• Take ownership, be your “best self” and drive your career
• Help others, bring innovation, seek continuous improvement
Applicants may be required to complete a practical assessment to demonstrate their abilities.
What can we offer you?
- A generous holiday package starting at 25 days +bank holidays
- The option to sell or buy 5 additional days leave
- An award winning cash-back healthcare plan
- Flexible working around core hours of 9:30-3:30 Mon-Thurs 9:30-12 Friday
- 5% Employer pension contribution
Titania’s privacy notice is available to view by clicking here.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to HR@titania.com