Java Software Engineer
High-Growth Cyber Security Software Company
£35,000 to £52,000 (dependent on experience)
Worcester – WR1 / Remote
Full time – 37.5 hours
Are you a passionate and ambitious Java Software Engineer looking for your next opportunity? Titania offer a fast-paced environment where collaboration and quality are key to our success. The right person for this position will adopt a team-based approach, be pro-active and collaborate with others while sharing best practice and their expertise with the wider team.
Titania is at a pivotal moment in its history after securing investment and is now laser-focused on achieving its ambitious growth plans. This role will be critical in establishing the launch of Titania’s Enterprise class solution. With an exciting and impacful company vision, we are looking to enhance and expand our Engineering team with high performing Java Development Experts who will be responsible for contributing towards the ongoing development of our products and services.
Who are we?
Titania Nipper continues to be trusted to secure core network configuration management for military, civilian and commercial Critical National Infrastructure (CNI) clients.
By identifying and prioritising 22 critical core network risks (from a suite of 300 automated configuration management tests), Titania’s security risk management framework helps CNI clients secure their networks and evidence assurance against trusted and mandated control and risk management frameworks, such as NIST 800-53 for US federal agencies and CMMC/800-171 for the federal supply chain and PCI DSS for commercial verticals including e-Commerce/Retail, Financial Services, Telecoms and Utilities.
To meet the market need for continuous monitoring at scale, Titania has developed Nipper Enterprise, which offers the same accurate, risk and remediation-focused configuration assessment for every device, every day.
This role is instrumental to the ongoing development of Titania’s cutting-edge cyber security products. You will use agile practices to deliver On-Spec On-Time solutions; planning, reviewing and showing product development through stand-ups, iteration planning, code reviews and show and tells. As an experienced member of the team, you will also play a part in the development of our junior engineers, working closely as a mentor and role model, as well as assisting with the development of toolchain selection. At present this is a small team with plans to grow; you will be working on exciting projects using modern architecture and modern design patterns with access to a wide range of technologies to learn and utilise throughout your work. Titania values autonomy and personal growth and therefore the opportunity will allow the right candidate to expand their knowledge and experience within Cyber security and Enterprise scale products.
The right person for the job MUST have:
• Experience with Java and the Spring Framework AND/OR experience with front end web development using React
• Experience with Java build tools e.g. Gradle, Maven
• Excellent communication and team working skills
• Excellence in Software Engineer Practices
• Experience with Microservices Architectures
• Experience with containers and Docker
• An interest or experience in cyber security and IT security best practices
• Experience with enterprise customers and delivering at-scale solutions
• Knowledge of operating systems: Windows, Linux
• Knowledge of Enterprise network devices (routers, switches and firewalls)
• Experience with test automation
• Good experience or understanding of agile and scrum methodologies.
Values and Behaviours Required:
• Be open, honest and act with integrity
• Build positive working relationships with stakeholders, colleagues and clients
• Collaborate, contribute solutions and learn from mistakes
•Take ownership, be your “best self” and drive your career
• Help others, bring innovation, seek continuous improvement
Applicants will be required to complete a practical assessment to demonstrate their coding ability.
What can we offer you?
- A generous holiday package starting at 25 days +bank holidays
- The option to sell or buy 5 additional days leave
- An award winning cash-back healthcare plan
- Flexible working around core hours of 9:30-3:30 Mon-Thurs 9:30-12 Friday
5% Employer pension contribution
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to HR@titania.com