Development Team Lead
High-Growth Cyber Security Software Company
£45,000 to £55,000 (dependent on experience)
Remote in the UK
Full time – 37.5 hours
Are you a passionate and ambitious Development Team Leader looking for your next opportunity?
Titania offers a fast-paced environment where collaboration and quality are key to our success.
The right person for this position will adopt a team-based approach, be pro-active and collaborate with others while sharing best practice and their expertise with the wider team.
Titania is at a pivotal moment in its history after securing investment and is now laser-focused on achieving its ambitious growth plans.
This role will be critical in ensuring Titania’s future success.
With an exciting and impactful company vision, we are looking to enhance our small Software Engineering team with a high performing Development Team Lead who will be responsible for ensuring our engineers can work to the best of their ability and deliver high quality solutions.
Who are we?
At Titania, we are market leaders in configuration analysis tools, helping to protect over 25 million end users in 95 countries. Cyber professionals around the world trust Titania’s pioneering virtual Pen-testing technology to maintain the world’s most secure networks.
How do we do it?
Trust: We work with Integrity, hold ourselves accountable for what we commit to and trust others to do the same.
Collaborate: We respect each other’s views and opinions; We share ideas and best practice; We embrace diversity.
Solution Oriented: We embrace challenges and continual improvement; Focus on owning & delivering effective market changing solutions.
Innovation: Drive Excellence through our people and products to make Titania and the world we live in a better place.
As Development Team Lead, you will support the Engineering Leadership team and be a crucial contributor to the Engineering roadmap. You will ensure the engineering team have the resources, support and guidance needed to be able to perform effectively and return high-quality results within set time scales. You will need to help maximise the return of investment for the engineering team and ensure Titania has high-performing Engineering teams.
Role Key Responsibilities:
- Support the Engineering Management and Leadership team to assess engineering capability for the engineering department and identify areas for improvement.
- Monitor and support the day-to-day operations of the engineering teams, supporting them to be autonomous teams that work to set standards
- Implement and adhere to the Engineering Delivery Strategy, including, inputting into Engineering working practices and standards, ensuring the adherence to these, whilst balancing this with Agile practices to ensure the team build high quality products as required, taking into consideration Product Strategy, Product Roadmap and costs to engineering activities.
- Collaborate with Delivery Leads, Product Architects, Support team members and members of the Product team to ensure the team’s skills and the products are aligned to meet the business needs and roadmap deliverables
- Contribute to the recruitment, management, and training needs for the Engineering teams. 1:1s, performance and goal setting, coaching, motivating, and supporting the growth of the Engineering team members to ensure they can reach their full potential
- Support the technical alignment to product roadmaps, to help ensure the technical debt, improvements in engineering practices and team capability are considered
- Liaise with 3rd parties as required for Engineering activities
- Conduct retrospective and root cause analysis of any technical issues
- Contribute to risks and mitigations to the Engineering department RAID Log
The right person for the job MUST have:
- Strong demonstrable knowledge of the software development lifecycle
- Experience delivering software solutions Strong analytical technical skills
- Good risk management skills
- Understanding of Up-To-Date Engineering best practices
- The ability to clearly communicate technical and engineering concepts to a varied audience.
- Strong communication skills with ability to communicate and positively influence at all levels, including to both technical and non-technical staff and work effectively as part of a team.
- Strong leadership skills, ability to motivate, provide technical leadership, personal support and professional development to Engineering team members.
- Agile qualification e.g., Scrum Understanding of technology landscape Education and
- Professional Qualifications:
- Computer Science degree or equivalent.
- OR Breadth of experience leading teams with multiple disciplines within software engineering
What can we offer you?
- Flexible working that helps fit round you (core hours of 9:30-3:30 Mon-Thurs 9:30-12 Friday).
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (including Duvet Days) with the option to buy / sell up to 5 days additional leave per year.
- Award-winning cash-back Healthcare plan.
- Employer pension contribution of 5%.
- Investment in your ongoing training and progression at Titania.
- Fully remote working with the option to come into the office for occasional get-togethers.
Titania’s privacy notice is available to view by clicking here.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to HR@titania.com